VA loans are mortgage loans specifically designed for military veterans, active service members, and their eligible surviving spouses. They are backed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and offer several benefits to eligible borrowers. They offer up to 100% financing and have some of the most lenient credit score and income requirements. VA loans do not have mortgage insurance requirements, but may have a VA Funding Fee requirement. If you are a military veteran or active service member with a valid Certificate of Eligibility (COE), a VA loan may be the perfect mortgage option for you.
What Is A VA Loan?
The Benefits of VA Loans
- No down payment options
- Lower interest rates
- No mortgage insurance
- Flexible credit and income requirements
- Closing cost discounts for veterans
Who Should Consider a VA Loan?
- Veterans or active military personnel
- Spouses of deceased or disabled veterans
- Individuals who have served in the National Guard or reserves
- Be an active duty military member, veteran, or spouse of a deceased military member
- Meet income and credit score requirements
- Obtain a Certificate of Eligibility from the VA
- Occupy the property as primary residence
- Meet debt-to-income ratio guidelines
Want to learn more about VA Loans? We're happy to help!